1) Avoid Dairy when sick or at risk for sinusitis.
2) Drink a fresh juice every morning with infection fighting plants such as lemon, ginger, grapefruit and orange.
3) Eat antibacterial foods such as garlic and onions.
4) Spend lots of time outdoors breathing clean air.
5) Determine if Air Conditioner affects your sinuses. For some reason, my air conditioner seems to negatively affect my sinuses. Use a fan instead, if possible.
6) Move to a less-polluted area if necessary.
7) Visit your doctor if symptoms persist. As much as I hate antibiotics in general, I ended up going on them because my infection had lasted for 10 days and was getting worse. It's difficult living in China, without my usual options. But the antibiotics seem to be working very well, thankfully. I just wish I didn't have to take them! :-\
Right now, in China, I'm living with a horrible, possibly even dangerous case of sinusitis Basically I caught a cold about 9 days ago. About 5 days later I started feeling better, and I began eating pizza for 3 nights in a row. Then came the sinusitis, which has since spread to my cheek and below my right eye. I'm only typing this now because I found a Chinese medicine that is working wonders with all of the symptoms. Still, I feel like an idiot for eating so unhealthy in China, especially while I am sick. The cold virus mixed with unhealthy eating and air pollution has turned into something extremely painful.
The past couple of days, in addition to taking the Chinese medicine, I have also been eating a raw vegan diet again. I start the morning with lots of orange juice, which loads me up with vitamin C. Yet it is still too early to tell how much this is helping, though I know it is essential for any shred of health.
I have also been feeling the need to sleep outdoors - like, in a tent. I feel like I've been so disconnected from nature lately, and I'm actually craving more nature time.
I also started eating some dark chocolate again, as this has helped my sinuses in the past.
I will update this post later. Hopefully with the raw vegan diet and the Chinese medicine the symptoms will fade. However, I also really want to start sleeping under the stars when I'm this sick. It's just hard in China to find any decent camp site...
What has helped cure your sinusitus?